1. ——How about __▲___ charity show?
——I should say it was___▲__ success.
A. the; a B, the;/ C,a; a D, a; /
2. My mother_▲___ meals by the time I arrived.
A, prepares B, had prepared C, have prepared D, was preparing
3. The reason__▲____ Tom explained is not _▲____ I expected.
A, why; that B, that; what C, why; what D, that; that
4. Last Sunday I saw a thief caught _▲___ arm by a policeman in a shop.
A, in his B, by his C, on the D, by the
5. Americans eat__▲___ vegetables per person today as they did in 1940
A, more than twice B, as twice as many
C, twice as many as D, more than twice as many
6. Which do you enjoy__▲____ your weekends, reading or shopping?
A, spending B, to spend C, being spent D, spend
7. ___▲___ to rain tomorrow, they would put off the meeting.
A, If it should B, If were it C, Should it D, Were it
8. In 1979, the storms struck Florida, but_▲___ of __▲___ caused much damage.
A, none; them B, none;which C, neither; them D, neither; which
9. Every day he sits in front of the computer __▲_____ several hours , playing games.
A, as soon as B, as far as C, as long as D, as possible as
10. Word came ___▲_____ the man injured in the accident died.
A, which B, that C, what D, /